Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vitamin D and the Son of God

It was a windy day here in Colorado Springs.

I love how God reveals himself even in nature. In my nutrition class, I learned about vitamin D and how it is important for bone health. Vitamin D is mostly obtained through the rays of the sun. In order to get it, you basically just have to go outside and sit in the sun for 10-30 min (before you get a sunburn!). I think it is cool that in order for us to have healthy bones, we need a nutrient that we don't get from food as much...but from the sun!

Isn't it the same with God, except to a much greater level? Every day, it is so important to sit before God and just let him love you. As my friend Courtney would say, to "soak in some rays from the Son of Man"! Haha! Declare over yourself what He says about you in the Word. Without vitamin D, your body can't regulate the amount of calcium each part of the body needs. Our bones are the structure of our bodies, so it is critical that they are healthy! Without taking time to let God just love you and to just look into who he is, the structure of your spirit loses it's ability to function correctly.

I need that more. I want to live confident in who I am to Jesus.

No comments: