Friday, July 22, 2011

He Is Real

God is a man.

"I know he is."

No, right now, he is a man.

If he is a man, where is he? If he is a man, that means he is someone that I could touch. If he is a man, that means that he has legs and feet. He has eyes, a nose, a mouth. In fact, He is a Jewish man. He has a beard. He needs a place to sit and something to stand on. He has thoughts ("thoughts on steroids" as Lara would say!). Thoughts toward every person living and breathing.

So Jesus is somewhere, not just in the form of a gas or something immaterial. Somewhere that has real tangible form. He is on a glorious throne surrounded by musical adoration of angels, cherubim, seraphim, creatures, and elders. The incense of our intercession is arising before him and he is taking into consideration each prayer. He is governing all things from that real throne. And he is thinking about me right now. He is thinking about you right now.

I don't think we understand the importance and the implications of this! I know I don't! It is the anchor of our faith. The one thing that makes Christianity different from every other religion. We say we believe that Jesus is divine and he is still a man, that he is in Heaven. But do we really believe it? Just think about it for a minute. He's real.

My little life and all of my problems and concerns just got smaller and less important to me. Who is Jesus? What is he like? What is he thinking about? This is what is truly important.

No comments: